In order to view this page you need Flash Player 9+ support!
Public Relations and Marketing Department
The Public Relations and Marketing Department deals with the management of both internal and external communications. The Department is responsible for promotions of the organization and implementations of the Hospital’s marketing programmes that are related to overall mission and vision of the Hospital. It also manages and improves the flow of information within the Hospital and between the Hospital and the community it serves.
Public Relations professionals play a role in helping management to keep in touch with their various publics. They actively solicit both employee and consumer opinion and make management aware of the effects various decisions have on the clients and employees.
The PR Department also serves as liaisons to the community and work closely with other health partners in the locality in preventive health and with international collaborators.
The responsibilities of the Department include but not limited to; writing and distributing news releases, feature articles to the press, compiling press list, writing of newsletters, handling and maintaining a media information service, arranging press, radio and television interviews for management, preparing marketing plans for various programmes and strategies promotional and marketing effort.
The Department handles customer feedback.
It is also responsible for community relations, Hospital publications, media relations, special events, Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSRs) and support for fundraising.
We also have an active Hospital Choir.
At the PR Department, we have officers who understand the importance of patient confidentiality and privacy, communicate thoughts and ideas effectively and accurately, have deep knowledge in community and health care administration, analytical and problem-solving ability, know the Hospital structure, are familiar with the community where the Hospital is located and have well-developed writing skills and ability to handle different type of media.
The Department has a Communication Strategy which guides all the communications within and without the Hospital.
Media Relations Policy
To effectively facilitate the requests of media reporting on news and events at Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital, the Department has established the following guidelines for reporters requesting information or interviews:
- Media must arrange all interviews and photo shoots with Hospital staff or patients in advance through the Department of Public Relations & Marketing.
- To ensure confidentiality, privacy, and appropriate sensitivity to patients and families; reporters, film crews, and photographers must always be accompanied by a Public Relations person while in the facility.
- Media persons must always report to the Public Relations and Marketing Office for escort to the appropriate location in the Hospital.
- No patients’ information other than a one-word condition description is made available to the media.
- Patients who agree to be interviewed or filmed at the Hospital must provide prior verbal or written consent to Public Relations.
Kindly reach us on:
P.O. Box 3-30100, ELDORET-KENYA
Landline: +254 053-20 33471/4 Ext. 2011/2029
Fax: +254 053-20 61749
Mobile Lines: +254 0722 201 277, 0734 600 461
Complaints and Compliments line: +254 0705 224 049, 254 0787 488 006