The security team is responsible for providing security in the Hospital (safety of patients, staff, general public and equipment in the Hospital precincts).
The department also has an independent fraud management unit which is charged with responsibilities of investigating cases committed against the Hospital by members of staff or members of public. This is done at times in liaison with Government security agents more so if a case attracts court action. The unit is mandated to take instructions and perform duties as given by the Director.
The department has fully-fledged members of staff comprising of 106 guards and 14 supervisors providing security to eight sections namely:
1. Private Wing I (formerly Amenity) comprising one supervisor and nine guards.
2. Private Wing II (formerly Memorial) comprising one supervisor and thirteen guards.
3. Accident and Emergency, Dental clinic, Radio room and the Administration wing comprising one supervisor and thirteen guards.
4. MCH, Car park, Special clinics, Main pharmacy and traffic along Nandi road section comprising one supervisor and eleven guards.
5. Surgical wards and Workshop section comprising of one supervisor and eleven guards.
6. Nyayo gate and mortuary section comprising of one supervisor and twelve guards.
7. AMPATH Center / AMPATH Farm /Staff Car Park section comprising one supervisor and eleven guards.
Our security personnel undergo regular training to update their skills and work performance.
Security department has a self-reliable radio call system capable of covering a radius of 70 kilometres square, which enables the security personnel to communicate both within the Hospital and outside. It is also being used by the Hospital drivers and Ambulance personnel for communication.