Planning & Development
The Planning and Development department was established in 2001 to coordinate the hospitals planning activities. The department is involved with economic planning both strategic and operations planning for the hospital in an integrated and cohesive manner to facilitate efficient use of available resources and the provision of quality care service to the clients.
The department is the coordinating arm of the institution and its mandated with the following functions:
1. Monitoring and Evaluation of Hospital’s development strategies, policies and programmes.
2. Data collection and analysis for decision-making
3. Development and coordination.
4. Specific assignments from management
The planning and development department acts as a link between management, various other departments, units and external stake holders. Some of the core activities in planning and development include;
Support Director in the implementation and follow up on all organizational themes
Initiating, developing and assessing strategic prospects for MTRH products and services.
Initiating action points which cut across the themes and different owners
Regular refreshing of the organizational strategy
Recommending potential change solutions and facilitating their implementation
Currently the department is involved in the following activities;
- Initiation, maintenance and sustaining liaison with donors for external and internal funds sourcing.
- Data collection, analysis and dissemination of Clinical, Administrative and financial information trend analysis necessary for informed decision-making.
- Provision of necessary secretariat activities as when required by management.
- Consolidation of Hospital needs as per the current strategic plan. Identification of the Hospital services gaps and process deficiencies and recommendation for improved service delivery.
- Any other duties as delegated by the management to the department
The department is currently adequately staffed with officers with diverse skills that at short notice can meet the demands of the management as well as the prescribed targets of the department.
Staff Training and Development
In order for the department to be abreast with current national and global trends as concerns planning and management, it has identified areas of short-term training that includes Seminars and Workshops.
Planning and development department proactively participates in assisting other departments/ Divisions alongside the following areas;
Achievement of process efficiencies
Restructuring the organization &. Decision making
Maximization of current revenues
Development of new streams of revenue
Enhancement of Performance management system
Quality assurance and strategic quality management
Systematic upgrade of facilities &. Infrastructure
Effective marketing & Hospital reputation management
Corporate social responsibility
Partnerships &. Alliances