This department was recently reorganized and this has led to improved patient care and reduced waiting time. The second phase of this reorganization is anticipated to make services provided here even better.
- Consultant Surgeons
- Medical Officers
- Clinical Officers
These staff are well qualified and are trained in Advanced Trauma and Life Support (ATLS) and Advanced Cardiac and Life Support (ACLS). All are able to respond to both medical and surgical emergencies.
The following services are offered on a 24-hour basis:-
1. Management of medical and surgical emergencies.
2. Good quality radiological investigations.
3. Fracture and plaster services.
4. Pharmacy services offered in a well-equipped Emergency Pharmacy.
5. Counseling services.
6. CAR-E (Centre for Assault Recovery-Eldoret ) – a new centre where all sexual assault survivors are attended to by personnel trained in handling of such cases.
7. Minor surgeries such as stitching, dressing of wounds, insertion and drainage etc are offered at the department’s Minor Theatre.
8. Routine and emergency laboratory investigations are done at the well-equipped Emergency Laboratory.
9. Direct Counseling and Testing for HIV-both referred and walk-in patients. This is done by well trained staff.
These are clinics which offer 24-hour services for Ambulatory patients who are above 14 years. It is run by Medical Officers and Nurses. It has a well organized Triage Area which has a Cash/Payment Point and readily available records services, all in one room.