Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital Training Centre was started in March 2004. The centre is registered with the Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology and the Nursing Council of Kenya. Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital Training Centre is a tertiary institute and it obtains its students from the within the Hospital and nearby regions.
The courses offered at the MTRH Training Centre are advertised on the hospital website and the press.
These courses are as follows:
- Kenya Registered Nursing (KRN)
- Upgrading from Enrolled Community Nursing to Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing (KRCHN)
- Diploma in Information Communication Technology (ICT)
- Certificate in Health Records and Information Technology (HRIT)
- HIV Testing and Counselling (HTC)
- Higher Diploma in Clinical Medicine (Paediatrics)
- Higher Diploma in Nephrology Nursing (Nephrology)
- Higher Diploma in Intensive Care Nursing (ICU)
The Centre also offers short courses on Information Technology tailored for Moi Teaching and Referral Staff, which takes three weeks.
The Training Centre has qualified tutors from the Hospital staff who have been seconded from various departments. Currently, the Training Centre has a total number of 400 students.
The Training Centre offers courses that are in fulfilment of the mandate of Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital; which is provision of Quality Healthcare, Training and Research.
The course contents offered at the Training Centre is in line with the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) of the Government of Kenya.
The centre is in collaboration with Moi University, and the Kenya Medical Training College- Eldoret.
Short Listed KRN Applicants