Private Wing II (Memorial)
Memorial Private Wing II dedicated to providing quality service in line with the motto of the Hospital. We are committed to providing you with specialized quality health care that respects individual’s rights.
We offer primary and specialist outpatient and inpatient and diagnostic healthcare services through a team of dedicated and experienced professional staff with modern facilities.
Memorial Private Wing II has the capacity to offer the following wide range of services
· Outpatient services.
· Medical and surgical care.
· Maternity services
· Pediatric care.
· Intensive care through main Hospital’s ICU facility.
· Counseling services.
· Physiotherapy services
· Orthopaedic services
· Laboratory services
We offer 24 hour service of which you have the option of choosing the clinician whom you prefer to attend to you.
Pharmacy, Laboratory, X-ray, Theatre, OPD and Maternity Services operates for 24 hours.
The unit has a capacity of 50 beds. You have the option of choosing the bed but you will be guided by the availability, ability to pay and as per signed corporate contract.
Access to inpatient services
· It is a requirement that on admission, clients pay deposit fees for self paying or produce a committal letter(s) of undertaking from the company/insurance for corporate clients.
· For emergency admissions, a deposit has to be paid within 24 hours.
· For NHIF contributors, it is required that you produce a copy of contributors’ ID and NHIF card on admission and on discharge, a duly filled Certificate of Contributors Paid (CCP), an updated NHIF form (i.e. stamped by employer to the last month of use), birth certificate/clinic card in case of children under 18 years of age.
· If you have an NHIF card, please produce it on the date of admission or within 24 hours after admission. You will be advised about the NHIF rebates.
· For corporate clients, deposit is not required. A corporate patient is required to bring a letter of undertaking or a valid photo card from the company.
· Patients covered by an insurance company should ensure the treating doctor completes his/her insurance forms within 24 hours after admission
You will be provided with an admission package on admission. It contains the following; face towel, slippers, soap, tissue, toothpaste and brush and a small basin, disposable glass. This is charged at Kshs. 2500 per package, inclusive admission fee.
· Deposit for surgical cases is between Kshs. 10,000 to Kshs. 20,000 depending on the specialty. Maternity, general and peadiatric cases require a deposit of Kshs 10,000 which must be paid in full on admission. In case of emergency admission where deposit is not ready, a period of 24 hours is granted for clearance.
· You are required to top up your bills in that the interim balance should always be less than Kshs 60,000
the unit has an automated billing system that enables us to advice you on your current bills. You can also check your bills in the accounts/billing office at any time of your convenience.
Inpatient consultancy i.e. The doctor’s charge per review in Private Wing II is Kshs 2500.00 on admission for corporate clients and for self paying clients, the fee is Kshs. 2000.00. Self paying clients are reviewed at a fee of Kshs.1500/-. A resident doctor can see corporate client at a fee of Kshs. 1000.00 on weekdays. The charges of a resident doctor on a cash payer kshs 700/-. On weekends a resident doctor sees a cash payer at a fee of kshs. 800/-.